Volunteer for Earth Day at McGrath State Beach
Once again, we are very proud to host a volunteer service event in honor of Earth Day at McGrath State Beach on Saturday, April 12th, in partnership with Ventura County Supervisor John Zaragoza and SoCal Gas. We will be looking for 150 good volunteers to help us out that day.
The beautification and maintenance event will take place on:
Saturday, April 12, 2014 at McGrath State Beach.
The event will start at 9:00 a.m. and conclude at 1:00 p.m.
As you may already know, we have faced all kinds of problems with McGrath State Beach over the past several years, and we really need your help! (To find out more about the ongoing situation at McGrath, please visit our page The Current Status of McGrath State Beach) We will be working to beautify this popular Park’s areas, to remove mud and dead vegetation, and to help get it ready for the busy summer season.
- Check-in will start at 8:30 am.
- We will have fresh coffee from Starbucks available in the morning. To reduce waste, please feel free to bring your own reusable coffee mug if you would like.
- Water will be provided throughout the day as well, but feel free to bring your own reusable water bottle if you would like.
- Please wear layers, a hat, and sunscreen.
- Please bring your own work gloves and gardening tools, if you are able to. Please make sure any personal items you bring are clearly labeled.
- We will break for lunch around 12:30.
- After lunch, volunteers are welcome to call it a day or visit nearby San Buenaventura State Beach (or one of the other Channel Coast State Parks) for some R & R.
Click on this image of our flier to download a pdf version you can print and post to help spread the word!
All volunteers will receive a couple of gifts from us in thanks for your support of our event – an FCCSP reusable tote bag and a free day-use pass good at any of the parks in the Channel Coast district. Make sure to stop by our booth before you head home for the day to collect yours!
For more information on the planned San Buenaventura State Beach event, please contact the office of Ventura County Supervisor John C. Zaragoza at (805) 654- 2613 or John.Zaragoza@ventura.org, or Melissa Baffa of Friends of Channel Coast State Parks at (805) 626-0156. To register as a volunteer for the event, you can phone Baffa, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or use the form below to register to volunteer!